The January 2016 issue of Race & Class will be a special issue, edited by Cathy Bergin and Anita Rupprecht, focusing on ‘reparative histories’.
‘The point here is to excavate histories of resistance, solidarity and collectivity as vital for the now.’
– Cathy Bergin and Anita Rupprecht
- Priyamvada Gopal – Anti-imperial amnesia
- Brian Kelly – Limits of freedom after Emancipation
- Anita Rupprecht – People or property: slave rebellion and marine insurance
- Cathy Bergin – The African Blood Brotherhood and the politics of resistance
- David Featherstone – Seafarer activism and the politics of place