A seminar to examine the ‘radical shifts’ in the voluntary youth sector’s changing relationship with the state and the increasing intrusion of private businesses into its activities.
- Thursday 18 September 2014, 11-4pm
- Brunswick Parish Church Centre, Brunswick Street, Manchester M13 9TQ
Outline programme includes:
- Ian McGimpsey (University of Birmingham) – effects of neo-liberal policies on youth provision
- Bernard Davies (IDYW and National Coalition for Independent Action) – National responses
- Helen Gatenby (M13 Youth Project) – Whether ‘the piper ever gets to call the tune’