A two-day conference examining the role and impact of undercover policing and the surveillance of protest groups and ‘suspect communities’.
- Saturday 16 April and Sunday 17 April 2016
- Southbank University, London Road Building, 100-116 London Road, London SE1 6LN
Saturday 16 April: Policing of Black, Asian & suspect communities: spying, lying, dying, & racism
- Political policing: setting the context
- Policing of suspect communities
- From suspect communities to targeting of campaigns against injustice
- Why the undercover policing inquiry is important
Sunday 17 April: Spycops and the public inquiry: is accountability possible or a pipe dream?
- The history of SDS, spycops, Herne and Ellison
- Spycops: the spied upon speak out
- Spycops: the hidden voices
- Holding the public inquiry to account