An event to provide a space for campaigning organisations to engage other activists, students and academics in realising their goals.
- Wednesday 25 March 2015
- Manchester Metropolitan University, Department of Sociology, Rosamond Street West, Manchester M15 6LL
The ‘Sites of Resistance’ day will launch the Resisting ‘Crime’ and Criminalisation (RCC) group that Kathryn Chadwick, Becky Clarke and Patrick Williams are establishing. The event will bring together community organisations, activists, students and academics to consider ways in which we can collaborate to realise collective aims. The challenge for the day is to build a critical voice to support and empower local and national communities, organisations and campaigns which strive to alleviate the harmful effects of discriminations and inequalities in the process of criminalisation.
- Professor Phil Scraton – Queen’s Belfast University
- Professor Joe Sim – Liverpool John Moores University
- Dr Kate Cook – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr Stephanie Daza – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr David Scott – Liverpool John Moores University
- Professor Tim Hope – University of Salford
- Dr Waqas Tufail – University of Liverpool
Download a flyer (pdf file, 102kb)