A conference about the high number of children being unlawfully excluded from school, and to examine alternatives to exclusion.
- Wednesday 16 May 2012, 9.30-4pm
- The Conference Room of the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB
- chaired by Dr. Maggie Atkinson – Children’s Commissioner for England
- Adele Eastman – Centre for Social Justice
- Professor Gus John – Institution of Education and Chair of the Communities Empowerment Network (CEN)
- Gary Philips – headmaster of the Lilian Baylis Technology School in Lambeth