A conference that interrogates how borders are extended spatially and temporally, from the geo-political borders of the nation-state to the spaces and times of everyday life.
It will explore resistances to these processes and include discussions on the policing and proliferation of these internal borders
- Saturday 17 June 2017, 9.30-5.30 pm
- Room B01, Clore Management Centre, Torrington Square, London WC1E 7JL
- Keynote speaker: Dr Nisha Kapoor, University of York
- Justice for Cleaners
- Henry Lopez, IWGB
- Homes Not Borders
- Antonia Bright from Movement for Justice
- Luke de Noronha
- Asim Qureshi, Research Director, CAGE
- Jennifer Ang, Legal Education Officer, Migrant & Refugee Children’s Legal Unit (MiCLU).
- Dr Reza Gholami , Keele University
- Sanaz Raji, Unis Resist Border Controls.
- Zoe Stewart, Docs Not Cops
- Sarah Keenan, Birkbeck, University of London
Organised by the Capital and Social Justice Working Group, Department of Geography, the School of Law, Birkbeck, University of London, and the SOAS Centre for Migration and Diaspora Studies, University of London, with the support of Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities.