Do you want to know more about how the UK asylum and immigration system works? Do you know newly-arrived asylum-seekers in the UK and want to know what you can do to support them?
- Tuesday 7 June 2016, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 14 June 2016, 6-9pm
This series of two workshops will examine:
- the different routes into and through the asylum and immigration system: arrival, applying for asylum, human rights cases, dispersal accommodation and support, interviews, reporting requirements, detention, decisions and determinations.
- the legal rights and options for people seeking the right to remain: legal aid, representation, advice and information; the key stages in the legal process
- practical things people can do to prepare for the different stages of the process, and what supporters, friends, communities can do to help.
There are two sessions in this series, both in central Sheffield, and attendees should come to both sessions.
View further info here