A seminar on cults, racism and one family’s twelve years search for justice.
- Friday 22 May 2015, 9.30-4.30pm
- Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ
The British inquest into the death of Jewish student Jeremiah Duggan in unexplained circumstances twelve years ago in Wiesbaden, Germany is to be held on the 19, 20 and 21st May. The purpose of this one-day symposium is to explore two important issues – how to protect young people from the double-speak and manipulation of extremist political cults, included coded anti-Semitism; and an update on the institutional barriers faced by the Jeremiah Duggan family in their attempts to secure a full, rigorous and honest investigation from the German authorities.
- Erica and Hugo Duggan – Justice for Jeremiah campaign
- Liz Fekete – Director, Institute of Race Relations
- Professor Matthew Feldman – Centre for Fascist, Anti-Fascist and Post-Fascist studies, University of Teesside
- Yves Messer – independent author, ex-member of the LaRouche movement
Serdar Kaya – criminal lawyer in Germany for the family
Chip Berlet – American Investigative journalist and author
Steven Hassan – Mental health expert and author
Dr Alexandra Stein – Writer and educator
- Dr Masoud Banisadr – author, ex-member of a political cult
Book your ticket here