HISTORY ACTS is a new radical history forum, affiliated to the Raphael Samuel Centre, and based at the University of London. Sessions are free and open to all, with this event taking place in Birmingham.
- Thursday 6 July 2017, 11-12.30pm
- Modern British Studies Conference 2017, University of Birmingham, Arts Building, B15 2TT.
HISTORY ACTS aims to bring together radical and left-wing historians and contemporary activists and to find new ways to engage as academics with contemporary struggles, to learn from activists, and to gain expertise and institutional resources to provide active solidarity. Workshops are led by activists, followed by responses from historians and ending with a group discussion.
- Malachi Thomas – Black Lives Matter organiser, Nottingham
- Tippa Naphtali – founder of 4WardEverUK
- Dr Christienna Fryar – University of Liverpool
- Dr Kennetta Perry – East Carolina University
More information here
Download a flyer here