A conversation between Greg Philo and Frances Webber on media coverage and government policy.
Greg Philo is the Research Director of the Glasgow Media Group and author of Bad News for Refugees and Frances Webber is a retired human rights barrister and author of Borderline Justice: the Fight for Refugee and Migrant Rights.
- Thursday 3 October 2013, from 7pm
- Institute of Race Relations, 2-6 Leeke Street, London WC1X 9HS
- Greg Philo – Professor at Glasgow University, and Research Director of the Glasgow Media Group
- Frances Webber – IRR Vice-chair
- chaired by Gholam Khiabany – Goldsmiths, University of London
Bad News for Refugees (Pluto Press), by Greg Philo, Pauline Donald and Emma Briant, analyses the political, economic and environmental contexts of migration and looks specifically at how refugees and asylum seekers have been stigmatised in political rhetoric and in media coverage.
Borderline Justice: the Fight for Refugee and Migrant Rights (Pluto Press) examines the exclusionary policies, inhumane decisions and obstacles to justice for refugees and migrants in the current legal system.
Booking is essential as seating is limited please email: email@example.com.